Friday, August 21, 2009

Math Bootcamp

For the past couple days, I've been working my way through The Ultimate Math Refresher for the GRE, GMAT and SAT. It's tedious, but I figure hopefully it's also a good way of easing me back into quantitative thinking before I tackle any of my straight GMAT prep books. I'm feeling a little shocked and embarrassed by how much I've actually forgotten since grade school. Like factoring to the find least common multiple, for example. I haven't used that skill since 7th grade!

I'd like to get into a groove for studying, including finding a dedicated workspace and blocking out some time in my schedule for force me to commit to a routine. Early morning before work is my gym time (or at least it's supposed to be -- with varying levels of success), so I think immediately after work is going to be my GMAT study time. I also went a little bit crazy at our local office supply store yesterday and bought myself a nice notebook and pens and highlighters in every color of the rainbow, to use for my studying. I'm a complete office supply geek, so the idea of cracking open the cover of a shiny new notebook and filling it up with practice problems is actually quite good incentive for me to get working. I'm of the do-whatever-works school of thought when it comes to getting things done, so if bribing myself with office supplies is effective, I'll take it!

1 comment:

  1. Love that last line of bribing incentive. well even its same for me lot of supplies of stationery stuff and the desk should look like someone is really studying ;)
    well gave a quick glance to ur study plan and is giving me goose bumps :)

    Keep Rocking,
    PN.

    ReplyDelete