Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Reprioritizing; Or, The First World Problems of Being a Professional Party Girl

Ok, after yesterday's moment of panic, I've had some time to think about things. I need to prioritize. Some of the things that are currently taking up a large chunk of my time (for example, doing nightlife photography and party blogging for a few select publications) are not relevant to my bigger goals. Moreover, the small additional income boost they provide is not enough to offset the opportunity cost of not spending that time studying for the GMAT or working on business school applications. Sure, it's fun to be recognized by bouncers and bartenders at clubs and never have to wait in line or pay a cover charge. And it's really, really fun to see photos of my friends splashed all over the social pages. But that is just not what I should be focusing my time on right now. I have bigger fish to fry.

I've devised a preliminary rough schedule. I'll have to tweak it, but here is what I'm thinking:


Not so bad, right? I mean, I'm practically swimming in free time. Maybe I should take on some new hobbies!

2 comments:

  1. Have you planned on what chapters to read daily. this is an overall plan right. when you have made plans for what chapters you are planning for each day, please let me know. I am finding a little bit hard to decide what to study every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chitra, thanks for your comment. I haven't yet made a concrete plan for breaking down studying, but I think I need to. I made one a long time ago (http://flipflopdiary.blogspot.com/2009/08/plan-of-attack.html) but I didn't stick with it, so I think I need to try to learn from my mistake and find a way to make sure I will not get distracted and will keep going this time.

    ReplyDelete